openSUSE:Build Service comparison
De kracht van OBS
- Building for multiple distributions
- Automatic rebuilding on dependency change
- Open System – nice integration with IDEs, Forges and tools
- Collaboration features which makes working within -devel projects and the main distro far easier. This significantly lowers the barriers for participating in openSUSE.
- Automatic dispatch to world wide mirrors. For upstream projects this is a very nice feature to enable them to provide fast local mirrors for our users.
- User friendliness. Using OBS one can start as a novice packager using just the web interface and progress to more advanced features using OSC.
- Automated quality control within the build system: rpmlint and post-build checks.
- Setup on a new system for a private OBS is now quite easy to accomplish for a reasonably competent Linux user.
Note that the list below is not complete.
Project Builder is a tool for multi platform continuous packaging, it seems to target single projects.
Fedora Koji is the build system that Fedora uses to build their distribution.
Launchpad is not only a package building platform but a complete code hosting platform together with mailing lists and bug tracker.
Mandriva Build System
The Mandriva Build System is used to build the Mandriva distribution.
|Name||Public instance||Easy local install||Connection of instances||Build for own distribution||Build for other distributions||Build packages not in distribution||Collaboration on packages||Package formats|
|Mandriva Build System||yes||no||no||yes||no||no||yes||rpm|
|Project Builder||no||yes||no||no||yes||yes||not sure||deb,rpm,ebuild,pkg|
|openSUSE Build Service||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||deb, rpm|