|Dit artikel is nog maar gedeeltelijk vertaald. Als u mee wilt helpen met vertalen lees dan Wiki vertalen naar het Nederlands.|
- prerequisite for any update is a bug report at https://bugzilla.novell.com/
- to propose releasing the bug as fix update NEEDINFO firstname.lastname@example.org has to be set
- after positive review by the Maintenance Team according to the openSUSE update policy a so called SWAMPID will be assigned for tracking purposes.
- the packager submits fixed packages.
- the submission gets included in a testing repository.
- after postive feedback by testers the update gets relesed into the official update repo
Notes about security updates
Bug reports for security issues are supervised by email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org. Such bug reports can also be recognized by the 'VUL-0' or 'VUL-1' prefix in the bug's subject. Apart from that the process is basically identical to normal bug fixes.