tagline: Uit openSUSE
|Dit artikel is nog maar gedeeltelijk vertaald. Als u mee wilt helpen met vertalen lees dan Wiki vertalen naar het Nederlands.|
During the lifetime of a release you will receive:
- security updates for all included packages
- critical bugfix updates (usually these are found & fixed in the first few months of its lifetime)
[bewerken] Supported distributions
The following distributions are expected to receive updates until the specified date:
- openSUSE 11.3 - January 15th 2012 which is in -696 days (2 months after release of 11.5)
- openSUSE 11.2 - May 12th 2011 which is in -944 days (2 months after release of 11.4)
- openSUSE 11.1 - December 31st 2010 which is in -1076 days.
[bewerken] Discontinued distributions
Users running a (soon-to-be) discontinued version of openSUSE should upgrade their systems to a supported release to receive security updates and community support. Since eventually package repositories for discontinued releases are be removed from download servers as well as the build target list of the Build Service it will be increasingly difficult to install new software on such distributions.
The following distributions have reached their end of life and should not be used anymore:
- openSUSE 11.0 - July 26th, 2010 (done)
- openSUSE 10.3 - October 31st 2009 (done)
- openSUSE 10.2 - November 30th 2008 (done)
- SUSE Linux 10.1 - May 31st 2008 (done)
- SUSE Linux 10.0 - November 30st 2007 (done)
- SUSE Linux 9.3 - April 30th 2007 (done)
- SUSE Linux 9.2 - October 31st 2006 (done)
- SUSE Linux 9.1 - June 30th 2006 (done)
[bewerken] SUSE Linux Enterprise products
The lifetime of the Enterprise products is listed on the authorative novell.com page.
Customers are able to receive support, security and maintenance updates for these products, see the Novell Lifecycle page for full details.